Below is our screening criteria:
- Be sure to complete the application to it's entirety. If the application is not completed and there are others that have submitted their application ahead of you, they will then be brought ahead of you because of the incomplete rental application. A complete application includes all sections of the application, a copy of your drivers license and a paying the $45 application fee per adult over 18 years of age.
- We employ a complex Tenant Scoring Matrix system that assigns points for each of the below categories and the total determines whether an application is approved or denied.
- We run a credit/background/criminal report through an accredited Tenant screening company.
- We do not have a minimum credit score, per se. We assign a scoring system correlating to the relevant credit score that is included in our scoring program. We also consider other items in this analysis, it is not as simple as rejecting an applicant because of credit score alone. We also look at the underlying reasons of why the credit score is low in the first place. If the credit score is low due to medical bills, then we usually are able to overlook these. If the credit score is low due to collections not related to medical, then these count against you in our scoring system.
- As in accordance with 90.303; Conviction (or pending) within the last 5 yearsof a crime that is (a) a drug related crime, (b) a person crime, (c) a sex offense, (d) a crime involving financial fraud, including identity theft and forgery, or (e) any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or pending that would adversely affect: (10 Property of the landlord or a tenant; or (2) The health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord or the landlords agent.
- Eviction within the last 5 years.
- The minimum amount of monthly household gross income we will accept is equal to or great than 3X the monthly rental amount. If your household gross income is not equal to or greater than 3X the monthly rental amount, you will be disqualified.
- Employment verification - we will contact your employer for verification of employment.
- Rental verification - we will contact your previous 2 landlords for verification of rental history.
Low results in our screening matrix can be overcome with the Tenant's ability to pay rent in advance, or additional security deposit as to be decided by Asurent management.
Our application fee is $45 per adult over 18 years of age that will be occupying the rental. This must be paid before we will process your application. If you do not have access to a computer to process the application, and/or an ability to pay for the application fee via credit card, we can accept a written application and accept other forms of payment for the application fee. Contact our office to coordinate this process.
Here is the process for handling applications once it is submitted:
- We process all applications in the order they are received. If an application received meets our minimum qualification standards, they will be approved.
- If you submit an application and we can tell that you will be denied prior to us running your credit/criminal/background check, we will not need to run this check and will refund your application fee(s).
- If we approve another application prior to screening yours, we will also refund your application fee(s).
- Once we run your credit/background/criminal through our accredited Tenant screening service, we will not refund your application fee(s). We incur a cost for creating this report and will not issue a refund once this has occurred.
- Processing an application takes anywhere from 1 to 3 business days.