View the Asurent Applicant Screening Criteria
Below is our screening criteria:This is not an all inclusive list of our screening guidelines.
- This is not an all inclusive list of our screening criteria.
- Be sure to complete the application to it's entirety. If the application is not completed and there are others that have submitted their application ahead of you, they will then be brought ahead of you because of the incomplete rental application. A complete application includes all sections of the application, a copy of your drivers license and a paying the non-refundable $45 application fee per adult over 18 years of age. Also, the application will be considered incomplete and not processed until all adults that will be living in the unit have completed their own complete applications.
- We employ a complex Tenant Scoring Matrix system that assigns points for each of the below categories and the total determines whether an application is approved or denied.
- If the applicant has 2 or more non medical related negative credit reports or non-medical collection reports, Asurent may require additional security deposits.
- We run a credit/background/criminal report through an accredited Tenant screening company.
- We do not have a minimum credit score, per se. We assign a scoring system correlating to the relevant credit score that is included in our scoring program. We also consider other items in this analysis, it is not as simple as rejecting an applicant because of credit score alone. We also look at the underlying reasons of why the credit score is low in the first place. If the credit score is low due to medical bills, then we usually are able to overlook these. If the credit score is low due to collections not related to medical, then these count against you in our scoring system.
- As in accordance with ORS 90.303; Conviction (or pending) within the last 5 yearsof a crime that is (a) a drug related crime, (b) a person crime, (c) a sex offense, (d) a crime involving financial fraud, including identity theft and forgery, or (e) any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or pending that would adversely affect: (1) Property of the landlord or a tenant; or (2) The health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord or the landlords agent.
- Eviction within the last 5 years.
- The minimum amount of monthly household gross income we will accept is equal to or great than 3X the monthly rental amount. If your household gross income is not equal to or greater than 3X the monthly rental amount, you will be disqualified unless you have at least 6 times the monthly rental amount in reserves.
- Employment verification - we will contact your employer for verification of employment and salary.
- Rental verification - we will contact your previous 2 landlords for verification of rental history.
Low results in our screening matrix can be overcome with the Tenant's ability to pay rent in advance, or additional security deposit as to be decided by Asurent management.
- We reserve the right to deny approval for applications from 2 or more unrelated parties.
Our application fee is a non-refundable $45 per adult over 18 years of age that will be occupying the rental. This must be paid before we will process your application. If you do not have access to a computer to process the application, and/or an ability to pay for the application fee via credit card, we can accept a written application and accept other forms of payment for the application fee. Contact our office to coordinate this process.
An application is NOT complete until all adults over 18 years of age that plan on living in the unit have completed their own application.
Here is the process for handling applications once it is submitted:
- We process all applications in the order they are received. If an application received meets our minimum qualification standards, they will be approved.
- Application fee's are non-refundable once we have started processing. However, if you apply for a rental and are not selected, you may apply your application fee towards another rental within 30 days of submitting your original application.
- Processing an application takes anywhere from 1 to 3 business days.